ExtractAlpha, a leading provider of alternative data and quantitative research, is seeking a salesperson with 2 to 5 years of experience to cover the Asia Pacific markets. Founded in 2013, ExtractAlpha provides institutional investors with research-backed, proven, differentiated raw datasets and trading signals for global equities. In 2021, ExtractAlpha acquired crowdsourced forecasting platform Estimize. Our clients include the world’s top quantitative hedge funds, asset managers, pension funds, and trading desks, who leverage our solutions to improve their risk-adjusted returns.
ExtractAlpha delivers data and signals across a wide variety of types, including sentiment, analyst forecasts, ESG, web data, stat arb, crowdsourced forecasts, and more; and our datasets and toolkits are growing rapidly. This role is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, organized, hardworking, and tech-savvy individual contributor to excel and bring in new revenue opportunities from our core data feed offerings, with an additional opportunity to expand our market into new segments. The offerings are highly technical and backed by extensive quantitative research, and our clients are sophisticated institutional investors.
ExtractAlpha is headquartered in Hong Kong, and while this role will ideally be filled locally, this position can be based anywhere in the Asia Pacific region. Travel to conferences and to Asia Pacific financial centers will be a part of this role. This position reports into ExtractAlpha’s Chief Revenue Officer and includes a base salary plus commission.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Convey the ExtractAlpha value proposition and achieve and exceed sales targets for both new sales and renewals through combination of:
- Creating and managing a new sales pipeline
- Leading, advancing, and negotiating new sales from origination to close
- Re-enforcing the value proposition to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Take a leadership role in driving sales to new and existing accounts
- Grow and deepen the relationships with existing accounts
- Communicate complex quantitative ideas in a concise, accurate, and engaging manner
- Manage the sales cycle using coordination and communication skills to leverage product specialists and the research team where appropriate
- Provide current forecasts and detailed pipeline information to management, thoroughly documenting all deals in the CRM, and participating in detailed weekly pipeline calls
- Capture market intelligence and trends and promptly share with the team
- Record sales activities and create/update sales opportunity analysis in a timely fashion
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial services sector
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or studying towards the CFA is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year’s sales experience within the financial services sector, ideally selling to institutional investors
- Solid understanding of the overall financial markets
- Ability to originate, manage, and close deals effectively, from cold outreach and lead generation through to contract negotiation
- Ability to identify opportunities to sell and cross-sell highly analytical ExtractAlpha products
- Ability to work independently while also demonstrating excellent teamwork skills
- High level of commitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable with modern computer applications (CRM, MS Office, Google Suite, etc.); familiarity with HubSpot is a plus
- Excellent relationship building, inter-personal, planning, and organizational skills are a prerequisite
- Chinese and/or Japanese business fluency is a plus
Benefits of Working at ExtractAlpha:
- Package: The base starts at HK$400,000 and the On-Target-Earnings (OTE) for this position ranges from HK$550,000 to HK$750,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- Flexibility: While there are some expectations for working out of our offices in Hong Kong, team members can work remotely and will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues around the world.
- Career development: ExtractAlpha is growing quickly, which means the opportunities for your own growth are continually expanding, and that you can shape the company’s culture and evolution.
- Transparency: You will be kept apprised of the company’s continuing evolution and performance through monthly meetings, periodic business/finance updates, and strategy-sharing discussions.
- Well-being: Building a good culture is key to building a good business at ExtractAlpha. We focus on being a learning organization that values and supports teamwork, thoughtfulness, and work/life balance.